We are delighted that you want to publish a blog post on Hoopfull. This is a brief guide to help you submit a guest post. Please read our guidelines before submitting an article.
Length and topics
Articles should be 500-1000 words in length. They should be original and well-written.
We are looking for posts related, but not limited, to the following topics:
- Individual therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Psychological assessments
- Psychiatric assessments
- Psychotropic medication
- Various mental health difficulties
- Different therapeutic modalities
- Working as a clinician in the UAE and MENA region
Should you have an idea for a guest post but you are not sure if it is suitable, please send us an email and we’ll let you know within 10 days if your idea is suitable for our blog.
Your writing style
Please write in a style that is easy to understand. Remember, that many of our readers are not native English speakers with little to no prior knowledge of therapy. Consider the following:
- Use an informal style.
- Use personal language, e.g. ‘you’ rather than ‘many people’.
- Give examples, e.g. Farah has struggled with depression since the birth of her first child.
- Keep your sentences short.
- Keep your paragraphs short.
- Use subheadings.
- Use bullet points or numbered lists.
- If you use therapy words, explain them.
It is best not to use the following:
- Long and/or complex sentences.
- Presenting multiple ideas in one sentence.
- Long paragraphs.
- Writing style similar to scientific papers or when writing to other clinicians.
- Using scientific jargon, language that is labeling or stigmatizing.
We publish guest posts with your Hoopfull main profile at the end of your post. If you do not have a Hoopfull profile and do not wish to create onw, please send us a short bio with one link to your website. Please also send us a professional headshot.
Hoopfull reserves the right to edit your article before publication. This is done to improve readability and search engine optimization. We may change the title and subheadings for these purposes. We edit as gently as possible and do not change the tone or theme of your post.
By submitting your article, you understand that Hoopfull has final editorial input.
Submit your articles either in a Word document or a Google document. We will let you know within 10 days if we will publish your blog and give you the publication date. Submitting an article doesn’t guarantee that it will be published. Please do not publish the article on any other website as we only publish original content. We encourage you to share the link to your guest posts on social media and on your own website.
Send your article to this email. We are looking forward to publishing your work.